[nflug] wireless access point

David J. Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 13 08:45:45 EST 2007

the AP won't matter much..

pretty much any metal acts as a shield/reflector to
wireless signals (lookup "faraday cage" on wikipedia)
and the metal doesn't have to be solid to block the
signal (look at your microwave oven door for
evidence).

You might get better signal with a directional antenna
instead of an omni, or the best bet is one AP per
floor.

--- Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com> wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a very good wireless access
> point or at least the
> criteria too look for in a wireless access point
> (decibels and all
> that). I have a building that must be made out of
> lead, from one floor
> to the other, I get like 4% (it's just a little
> linksys wireless router
> with built in antenna). I want to get a good
> wireless access point that
> has some power. TIA,

-- David J. Andruczyk