[nflug] Viewing .eml files

David Mangani buckettruckdave at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 12:00:00 EST 2007

I'm using t'bird 2.0.0.6 in Ubuntu 7.10. I have NOT tried printing any
of the .eml's that I've received, so I can't speak to that as a
problem or not. I did a quick search on Mozilla.org and found this
link. It does sounds as though the .eml implementation is not a
"complete" solution. Sorry for piping in earlier. I have simple needs,
and for me, the .eml files work well enough ( I can read them ) in
t'bird.

http://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Fix_some_longstanding_bugs

Dave

On Nov 11, 2007 10:04 AM, Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com> wrote:
> What version of tbird are you using? I know 1.5.* had some real issues
> with attachments, especially printing them, if it was a forward of a
> forward. The problem went away with 2.0.*.
>

> Robert Stockdale IV wrote:
> > On Nov 8, 2007 6:36 PM, David Mangani <buckettruckdave at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> FWIW, I am also on 7.10 and use Thunderbird as my mail client. As
> >> default ( I have done nothing ) Thunderbird opens .eml files itself in
> >> a separate window.
> >>
> >> Dave

> >> --
> >> Ubuntu Linux

> > I currently  use gmail and cannot open these files correctly. I've
> > tried gedit, it doesn't display the email attachment correctly. I
> > don't save emails locally in order to be able to access them from
> > multiple locations. The one solution on Ubuntu forum involves using
> > mbox, ruby and an email client. I use to use Thunderbird, however
> > gmail offers me access from any machine with internet access without
> > having to set up some mail server with remote access. I would think
> > there should be a solution that gmail, Firefox and or Ubuntu can
> > handle. Are there any other ideas?
> > Thank you.
> > Bob

Ubuntu Linux