[nflug] Dell Ubuntu order

Stephen Burke qfwfq at adelphia.net
Tue Jun 5 15:04:22 EDT 2007

Dude, you bought a DELL?

Ouch! Good luck with THAT one.

Wiping out preinstalled M$ crap is always a joy. Wiping out dell
strangeness doubly so. I can't even begin to speculate on what kind of
fascist strangeness dell is going to try to hide on it's ubuntu boxes. I
have little doubt that they went to great lengths to chew up 3 of your 4
primary partitions before it gets to you, as they do with their M$ crap.

Your safest bet, imho, would be to trash all dell's dirty tricks and
install BLAG on it as soon as it gets there.

Not that it isn't an interesting experiment for postings here...

;-),
S.

p.s. One of my brothers is a lawyer for dell and is continually trying
to convince me that they are the "most standards compliant" company in
the biz. hehe.