[nflug] fun with ssh

Stephen Burke qfwfq at roadrunner.com
Thu Jul 26 18:44:42 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm using ssh -X to run thunderbird for this mailbox. When I click a
link in a message a new tab opens in my local firefox. I have no idea
why it's doing this, but actually it's rather useful, especially if the
links include flash or video. What I need now is a way to send "mailto"
links from the local ff back to the remote tbird instead of the local
(unconfigured) evolution. Both machines are ubuntu feisty.

I'm thinking there's something that can be done in about:config, but I
haven't had any luck mucking about with the mail-type settings that are
there. I'm also unsure about what would go in a new one in this
instance. Maybe a line in /etc/mailcap?

Everything I've found online has been various universities explaining to
students how to connect to their mail servers with ssh for whatever reason.

I'm lost.

Thanks,
S.