[nflug] Flat Panel LCD Monitors

David Mangani buckettruckdave at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 18:52:39 EST 2007

I also noticed that the resolution you were forced to run was
1400x1050? is not even available to me. Perhaps there is a revision
difference or maybe the video card as you mentioned may play a factor.
I did notice that the specs quoted on NewEggs web site were slightly
different than those provided in the user manual. ( ~ 1-2 hz I forget
which way ). I also noted that in my user manual the entire OSD
documentation was different that what was actually present on my
monitor. Maybe I have an older manual or newer monitor or some
combination of those factors. Like I said, I really didn't maually
edit or change anything. I simply used the xorg file as created by
dpkg.. Wish I could have been more help. If you do figure it out, let
me know what it was! I'd love to know.

Thanks
Dave

On 1/25/07, Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com> wrote:
> I will try it again, although when I did my dpkg-reconfigure, I'm pretty
> sure those were the rates it used. You have a newer video card then mine
> as well.
> VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV18 [GeForce4 MX 4000 AGP
> 8x] (rev c1), yours is pcie right? Maybe it's an agp thing.
> Here is what the manu specs for that monitor say...
> Model Brand SCEPTRE Model X20WG-Naga Cabinet Color Black Display Panel
> TFT LCD Screen Size 20.1" Widescreen Yes Display Type WSXGA+ Maximum
> Resolution 1680 x 1050 Recommended Resolution 1680 x 1050 Viewing Angle
> 160°(H) / 160°(V) Display Colors 16.2 Million Brightness 300 cd/m2
> Contrast Ratio 1000:1 Response Time 5ms (GTG) Horizontal Refresh Rate
> Analog: 24kHz - 82kHz
> Digital: 31kHz - 80kHz Vertical Refresh Rate Analog: 50Hz - 75Hz
> Digital: 50Hz - 75Hz
>
> The rates you showed are what's suppose to be set for the analog.

Debian Linux/FC6/Sometimes Ubuntu.