[nflug] Broadcom Wireless Card

K Olkowski wpos2 at adelphia.net
Tue Jan 9 13:07:06 EST 2007

I've been running ndiswrapper on my laptop from FC3.  In my case, I had
to make sure that the package wireless-tools is installed.  It's not the
most elegant solution, since it still requires a Windows XP driver, but
it works for me, so I'm ok with it.

Installation wasn't too bad.  You download the binary and do the whole
make/make distclean/make install thing and it's up and running for the
particular kernel you're running.

In my case, configuration was a bit of a bear.  Modprobing and putting
the wireless card driver into effect using ndiswrapper went off without
a hitch.  The instructions (the link to which I will send here if I
remember to do so, and remember what it is) for the setup within the
terminal, in short, were easy, but I had to resort to the GUI network
tools, THEN edit the ifcfg-wlan0 file because some of the options in the
GUI config were grayed out.  All in all, I learned something that day,
and now I can view My Space profiles on my laptop just like the other kids.