[nflug] AND also: Sabayon Linux 3.25!

Boice evrgreen at netsync.net
Tue Jan 2 19:10:26 EST 2007

Stephen Burke wrote:
> I downloaded and tried sabayon not long ago (not sure which version
> because I foolishly neglected to write it on the cdr and must have
> deleted the iso when things didn't work - 3.0, I think) and it didn't
> find a network card at all on various different machines. Did anyone
> else see that?
>
> Is it an issue or are my machines all crap? Other live cds (TOO many,
> as I've mentioned) seem to work no problem. Naturally, I just
> downloaded and burned knoppix 3.8 a week ago. ;-)
>
> Thanks,
> S.

Hi, Stephen,

Well, I can't comment on your computers, nor, being a Gentleman, would
I.    ;-)

My own experience is limited to the 3.2 Live DVD that's only been out
since December.
On my wife's Dell Dimension 4100 desktop circa AD 2000,  with 1 GHz
PIII, beefed up to 512MB of PC100 RAM, Sabayon automatically detects the
integrated network card & logs on flawlessly.  It runs GoogleEarth, a
wee bit slower than on my  2GHz AMD Athlon w/1GB PC3200 RAM. But it works OK

On the other hand, booting my laptop with it was mixed: it DID
automatically put me into the optimum 1280x800 screen res that Live CDs
never gave me. On the other hand --as you experienced -- no network. I
could not get it to play nice with my integrated Intel Pro 2200BG
wireless. Didn't try it with a cat5e cable.  If it don't do wireless, I
don't want it for my laptop.

These are my only 2 boots with Sabayon in history.  I'm tempted to DL
the 3.25 DVD to see if it fixed it's wireless problem, but probably not
this week.

The forum might give you the answer from folx with more exposure to it:
http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/

Happy New Year,
John