[nflug] default browser for thunderbird

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Fri Feb 2 12:03:09 EST 2007

John G. Boice wrote:
> Joe wrote:
>
>> I'm using Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 on kubuntu dapper.
>>
>> I have Thunderbird set as my default mail program and Firefox set as my
>> default browser in kde system settings/kde components/default
>> applications/web browser.
>>
>> When I click on a url in a Thunderbird email message, it opens up in
>> Konqueror instead of Firefox.
>>
>> How do I fix this?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Joe
>>

> Hi, Joe.
>
> Try this:
> K > System Configurations [settings] > KDE components > File associations
>
> You'll see "Known types"  Choose the "text" item and then "HTML" in the
> dropdown list.
> In the right pane of the window you'll see some info, including a list
> of progs to use for this filetype **in order of preference**
>
> Click "Add" and navigate thru your menu structure to choose Firefox if
> it isn't there already, and it'll get put at the top of the list.  Or
> just move it to the top if it's already there. I'll bet Konqueror is at
> the top now.
>
> Let us know if that doesn't do it.
>
> --John

No such menu option on my system.
There's a sys config->Kde components->default applications->default
browser, but I had already set that to firefox and it didn't do anything.

I know I've seen a file associations function in kde somewhere before -
probably in a much older version, but I don't know where it lives in
this one.