[nflug] default browser for thunderbird

John G. Boice evrgreen at netsync.net
Fri Feb 2 08:13:13 EST 2007

Joe wrote:
> I'm using Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 on kubuntu dapper.
>
> I have Thunderbird set as my default mail program and Firefox set as my
> default browser in kde system settings/kde components/default
> applications/web browser.
>
> When I click on a url in a Thunderbird email message, it opens up in
> Konqueror instead of Firefox.
>
> How do I fix this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Joe

Hi, Joe.

Try this:
K > System Configurations [settings] > KDE components > File associations

You'll see "Known types"  Choose the "text" item and then "HTML" in the
dropdown list.
In the right pane of the window you'll see some info, including a list
of progs to use for this filetype **in order of preference**

Click "Add" and navigate thru your menu structure to choose Firefox if
it isn't there already, and it'll get put at the top of the list.  Or
just move it to the top if it's already there. I'll bet Konqueror is at
the top now.

Let us know if that doesn't do it.

--John