[nflug] Time Warner broadband problem

Frank Pirrone frankpirrone at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 05:33:32 EDT 2007

anthonyriga wrote:
> maybe its my modem could be bricked. But from looking
> at the stats on the modem its running like it should.
> Only real issue I had with them in the past was my
> account was not provisioned properly and didnt have
> internet for a week and they were having problems with
> their DNS servers. Ill try different DNS see what that
> does too.  Any DNS servers recommended ? public ones I
> can use to test?
Anthony

We just sold the family homestead in the first block of Lisbon off
Main.  I live 1.5mi away on Burke and my FIOS is humming away at
20Mb/5Mb.  Sorry, just wanted to shout from the rooftops - speed, Speed,
SPEED!

Try WNYRIC's DNS servers @ 168.169.8.8 and 168.169.8.19, as they've
alway been fast and responsive.

Frank

p.s.  Ought to get together sometime as a neighborhood LUG - there's
Rolling Rock in the fridge, pool's heading back toward 80 and the
ActionTec wireless is pumping out the megabits...