[nflug] Ati Googleearth

anthonyriga torrodimerda at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 23:22:10 EDT 2007

Last year I setup Ubuntu for my stepfather with
GoogleEarth and I remember it took me alot of time
getting 3d enabled so Google Earth didnt hang on the
splash screen. He did upgrade to 7.04 that went fine
but blew away the Ati stuff for google earth to work.
The Ati card is integrated on the mobo radeon xpress
200. I have downloaded the latest drivers from AMD
site but still cant seem to get it to work it just
hangs on the splash screen when it starts.
Unfortuntatly when I set it up the first time I think
it was just luck that I got it to work. Any
suggestions to setting this up or fixing the problem.
I see alot of ati issues but no solutions! I use
Nvidia at home but I am here in Tampa trying to get
his to work while im here. Suggestions?