[nflug] Slax

mark k mkopenski at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 22:30:33 EDT 2007

first pvcreate on all of the /dev/sd devices
and then vgcreate 'volgroupname' /dev/sd1 /dev/sd2 ... /dev/sd6

the rest should be like creating any other lvm

btw I am only guessing, but it should work. could also create the volgroup
with one drive and then vgextend it with each additional drive, I am
positive that will work.

also take a look at http://tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/

On 8/2/07, eric at bootz.us <eric at bootz.us> wrote:

> Hi, I'm using a Slax live cd I must have got from one of the meetings,
> and I am trying to mount an entire LVM ext3 six scsi drives to save my
> stuff, but I really dont now how to do this, I know how to mount a
> single drive, but not all of them at once to create the LVM
>
> I thought one of my SCSI drives died ~gasp~ but I had a backup machine
> and put the scsi drive in the backup machine, and all the scsi drives
> worked great (it was my scsi board that malfunctioned)... however in
> my very poor attempts to try and ~ recover my data off the "so called"
> bad scsi drive I made some serious boo boos, rendering my terminal
> useless or gone, my gnome starts great ...I have a gui interface but
> with no cli and I need cli to run dhclient so I can get a eth0 running
> and then send my data to a safer place.
>
> So, back to my question can I mount 6 scsi configured using LVM/ext3
> drives under slax live cd?
>
> Thank you very much for your input and help, thank you

My Signature