[nflug] Setting up local MTA as relay questions I thiNK I got it.

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 29 13:48:59 EDT 2006

I changed /etc/mailname to elrey.jjn.com
then I changed dc_visiblename in the conf file ( I Remmed it out) according to teh exim.conf if  qualify_domain is not set, the primary_hostname value is used for# qualification.   Since there is no primary_hostname in conf according to docs the uname value is used (uname -n is jjn.elrey.com)

SO when any user types an unqualified name - mutt appends jjn.elrey.com to it, then the router sees that as a localdomain and delives to a local user using existing transports.  Somehow jjn.com was NOT being seen as a local domain.  Still nto sure what is wrong there....

JJN

PS my current localdomains is set  (dc_local_domains='@:@[]:localhost:jjn.com') I'll try it without....