[nflug] standby mode

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Wed Mar 1 14:59:23 EST 2006

you most likely have powersaved running on the system, running
'rcpowersaved status' as root will tell you where it is or not. if it is
you can disable it by running 'rcpowersaved stop' and 'insserv -r
powersaved'.

you can configure power management in yast under the system catagory. or
if you daring edit the files under /etc/sysconfig/powersave.

Kevin Chudy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a system running SUSE 9.2. When using runlevel 3, if the system
> sits idle for about 10 minutes, the screen will go black as if the
> system is in standby mode. I believe I have any bios settings for power
> management disabled. I researched ACPI but when I perform:
>
> dmesg | grep -2i acpi
>
> I get:
>
> ACPI disabled because your bios is from 99 and to old.
>
> I do have Gnome installed although I usually boot the system to runlevel
> 3.
>
> So if the bios isn't turning off the monitor and the bios is too old for
> ACPI, what controls switching the monitor to standby?
>
> Thank you,
> Kevin

Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator