[nflug] standby mode

Kevin Chudy kchudy at mail.netsos.com
Wed Mar 1 14:46:39 EST 2006

Hi,

I have a system running SUSE 9.2. When using runlevel 3, if the system
sits idle for about 10 minutes, the screen will go black as if the
system is in standby mode. I believe I have any bios settings for power
management disabled. I researched ACPI but when I perform:

dmesg | grep -2i acpi

I get:

ACPI disabled because your bios is from 99 and to old.

I do have Gnome installed although I usually boot the system to runlevel
3.

So if the bios isn't turning off the monitor and the bios is too old for
ACPI, what controls switching the monitor to standby?

Thank you,
Kevin