[nflug] load balancing?

David J. Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 22 10:02:33 EDT 2006

easy, use QOS and prioritization,  you can do this multiple ways based
on application (layer 7), based on port, based on source or destination
IP address, etc..  I use my firewall which runs DD-WRT which has QOS
built in and it works great.  I use it to prevent downloads from
bumping VoIP calls..

--- Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>   Need some insight here.
> Problem = On our local network here, whenever Jesse does downloads
> (usually system updates), He is running Ubuntu Dapper, I am running
> Fedora Core 4, My internet slows to a complete crawl! This is pretty
> recent and seems like Ubuntu boxes are just sucking all the internet
> speed because this can happen when he is working on a clients system
> (running Ubuntu). This problem did not seem to happen if downloading
> with a different distro on the network, like me doing downloads
> versus
> him. Any ideas?

Dave J. Andruczyk