[nflug] Apache/Tomcat Question

joshj at linuxmail.org joshj at linuxmail.org
Fri Jun 23 09:18:44 EDT 2006

Not directly Linux related, but maybe someone can help me out.

I have certain files that can only be accessed by the customers that they
belong to. And they could be anything from txt or xml to jpg, pdf or foo.
I don't care. I use a Filter that handles the request and checks the users
credentials. If they have access to the file then I want control returned
to apache to serve it up. Or Tomcat can do it. I just want to avoid
actually have to open the file and stream it. Is this possible? I'm using
mod_jk.

-Josh