[nflug] Web Counter

Jesse Jarzynka denisesballs at thecybersource.com
Wed Jul 19 09:34:05 EDT 2006

Justin Bennett wrote:
> Good Morning,
>
>    I was hoping someone could recommend a free web counter I could
> install on one of our sites. I'm looking for something simple,
> installs in a directory and keeps track of multiple pages, not
> something I need to put in every folder. Maybe just an image tag on
> the pages to show the counter. I'm not looking to have something with
> a mysql database or anything, just a simple counter probably with just
> a text file to store a current count.
>

> Thanks
> Justin

I have one I use made with PHP. you can find it here:
http://jessejoe.com/~jesse/counter/

count.php is the file you include on the page you want which will keep a
total in count.txt. So if you want to know how many hits your index.php
gets, do:

<?php include("count.php"); ?> somewhere in index.php

and that will increase the plain text file count.txt everytime index.php
is accessed. If you want to see the total, just look at the count.txt,
or the total.php, which is just a nice page i made that includes the
text file for a client we have.

--
Jesse Jarzynka
Cyber Source