[nflug] Local YUM Install...

joshj at linuxmail.org joshj at linuxmail.org
Fri Jul 7 11:39:50 EDT 2006

When we last left our adventurers...

> Yeah, I tried installing the acx100 stuff. Things seemed to go well
> until I needed to recompile the kernel. The instructions I was using (
> http://acx100.sourceforge.net/wiki/ACX ) had me do a "make menuconfig".
> I had no idea what to do with the menu, and haven't had much time to
> look into it, so I got stuck at that point.
>
> Does anyone have any experience/pointers with "make menuconfig" or
> getting madwifi/acx100 to work in FC5?

"make menuconfig" gives you your kernel config options. If your kernel is
already configured (which is the case if you got the source from the yum
repos [I'm asuming]) then you can bypass that step and do the "make &&
make modules modules_install". If the driver is just a module and not
actually built into the kernel (looks like it gets built as a module
according to the wiki) then you can get away with just "make modules
modules_install" and not have to much about with replacing your kernel
and maybe even intrd. Which starts to get messy if you haven't done it
before.

-Josh