[nflug] Local YUM Install...

DANIEL MAGNUSZEWSKI dmagnuszewski at mandtbank.com
Fri Jul 7 11:25:46 EDT 2006

I didn't need to compile the kernel for the madwifi stuff, I needed to
do it for the acx100. I installed all three of the madwifi rpms (without
error), rebooted, and my card still didn't work (didn't even light up).
Therefore, I'm assuming the madwifi didn't work. After that I tried
installing the acx100 stuff, and that's where I got into the menuconfig
problem.

>>> peter at thecybersource.com 07/07/06 11:22 AM >>>

You shouldn't have to do any kernel recompiling. If you had a working
internet connection, it could all be done via yum. There are many
madwifi packages in the repos, like madwifi,
madwifi-hal-kmdl-?kernelnumber, madwifi-kmdl-?kernelnumber, etc.,
without those packages, your not going to get very far.