[nflug] Mini-ITX

David J. Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 21:21:48 EST 2006

--- "Robert F. Stockdale IV" <javabob at adelphia.net> wrote:

> 	My wife has been using a HP Notebook as a desktop for 3 to 4 years.
> I weened her of Windows
> and has been more tolerant of computers since it didn't have to be
> rebooted in the middle of a
> task. It seems as though the notebook is dead now. Can't even get it
> to boot from a cd.
> 	Is there anyone running Linux on a Mini-ITX or Micro-ITX board? Are
> they worth the effort? She
> has very limited desktop space and less floor space at her desk
> therefore I'm looking at
> replacing it with as small footprint desktop unit with a flat panel
> monitor (probably a 15").
> She would be running X and need to burn CD's/DVD's, but mostly she
> uses it for email and web
> browsing.
> Bob

I got a small form factor PC  a Compaq 733 (PIII)  it has onboard
nvidia gfx (TNT2 I think wiht 16 megs or so).  I beleive it has 384
megs of ram on it,  it currently has an old version of gentoo on it,
but if you're interested in it, gimme an offer... About the only thing
you'd have to do is swap out the CDrom for a burner if you wanted to
burn stuff... or I could sell you my DVD anything drive (does
everything including DVD-RAM except it ain't Dual Layer)

Highest reasonable offer gets it.

Dave J. Andruczyk