[nflug] Mini-ITX

Robert F. Stockdale IV javabob at adelphia.net
Mon Jan 30 17:06:10 EST 2006

	My wife has been using a HP Notebook as a desktop for 3 to 4 years. I weened her of Windows
and has been more tolerant of computers since it didn't have to be rebooted in the middle of a
task. It seems as though the notebook is dead now. Can't even get it to boot from a cd.
	Is there anyone running Linux on a Mini-ITX or Micro-ITX board? Are they worth the effort? She
has very limited desktop space and less floor space at her desk therefore I'm looking at
replacing it with as small footprint desktop unit with a flat panel monitor (probably a 15").
She would be running X and need to burn CD's/DVD's, but mostly she uses it for email and web
browsing.
Bob