[nflug] usb logitech mouse as secondary...

Josh Johnson joshj at linuxmail.org
Sun Jan 29 12:18:33 EST 2006

I'm trying to get linux setup on my buddies laptop. Everything is working out pretty well except his usb (logitech laser) mouse. The touch-pad works fine. But he often uses his external mouse because its easier. I found it as /dev/input/mouse1 . At first I had just the touchpad setup as /dev/psaux in xorg.conf. It worked fine but when you used the usb mouse the cursor would go crazy. Now having each setup as mouse[0,1] the usb mouse does nothing. Anyone know of any little tricks I might need to know?

Notes:
cat /dev/input/mouse0 # touchpad actions cause output
cat /dev/input/mouse1 # usb mouse actions cause output. But it leaves the terminal with weird characters. I have to issue a "reset"

Thanks
-Josh