[nflug] Ubuntu Edgy FF updates

Boice evrgreen at netsync.net
Thu Dec 21 01:18:56 EST 2006

matt donovan wrote:
> Ubuntu freezes packages means you either have to compile firefox or
> just install the binary from the firefox website to get the updated
> versions, by the way compiling firefox is a long process. :)
>
> On 12/20/06, *anthonyriga* <torrodimerda at yahoo.com
> <mailto:torrodimerda at yahoo.com>> wrote:
>
>     Being im new Ubuntu user I noticed that FF automatic
>     updates Edit> Pref > Adv > update firefox is disabled.
>     I tried even as root to do the updates and its still
>     disabled. I just did my Fed5 box with now problem. Any suggestions?

Actually, I have the Linux-optimized Swiftfox 2.0 version of Firefox
running on my on Mepis 6 install [which can use Ubuntu repos, so this
should work fine for Ubuntu too.]

No compiling needed: It's available with an installer script optimized
for several AMD and Intel processors.

Check it out:
http://www.getswiftfox.com/