[nflug] Simplistic Audio ripping and burning --> details

Daniel V cloudlakedreamer at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 14 23:38:19 EST 2006

http://www.xiph.org/paranoia/manual.html
SPAN ARGUMENT
       The  span  argument  specifies  which  track,
tracks or subsections of
       tracks to read.  This argument is required.
NOTE: Unless the span is a
       simple number, it's generally a good idea to
quote the span argument to
       protect it from the shell.

       The span argument may be a simple track number
or an offset/span speci-
       fication.  The syntax of an offset/span takes
the rough form:

       1[ww:xx:yy.zz]-2[aa:bb:cc.dd]

       Here,  1  and  2  are  track numbers; the
numbers in brackets provide a
       finer grained offset within a particular
track.  [aa:bb:cc.dd]  is  in
       hours/minutes/seconds/sectors  format.  Zero
fields need not be speci-
       fied: [::20], [:20], [20], [20.], etc, would be
interpreted  as  twenty
       seconds,  [10:] would be ten minutes, [.30]
would be thirty sectors (75
       sectors per second).

       When only a single offset is supplied, it is
interpreted as a  starting
       offset  and ripping will continue to the end of
the track.  If a single
       offset is preceeded or followed by a hyphen,
the implicit missing  off-
       set is taken to be the start or end of the
disc, respectively. Thus:

       1:[20.35]
              Specifies  ripping from track 1, second
20, sector 35 to the end
              of track 1.

       1:[20.35]-
              Specifies ripping from 1[20.35] to the
end of the disc

       -2     Specifies ripping from the beginning of
the  disc  up  to  (and
              including) track 2

       -2:[30.35]
              Specifies ripping from the beginning of
the disc up to 2:[30.35]

       2-4    Specifies ripping from the beginning of
track 2 to  the  end  of
              track 4.

http://bach.dynet.com/crip/

in the *much* newer system.I have an audio CD with two
tracks on it.  I want to rip just thefirst track and
then create an mp3 from the whole first track and

then

repeat the end of the same track (from 13:33 to about
20:00) a

couple

of times - preferably in the same mp3.What's the
easiest way to do this (without learning really

complex

programs)?So far, I managed to rip the track using
jack, but I only got it

create an ogg file and my cd player (the final
destination for

this)

won't play ogg.  I then told jack to make an mp3, but
the encoderreturned a 255 (-1) and
quit.TIAJoe_______________________________________________nflug
mailing
listnflug at nflug.orghttp://www.nflug.org/mailman/listinfo/nflug

sound-juicer for ripping, and audacity or a new
program that's veryyoung jokosher
(http://www.jokosher.org/) for editing. Or put the

file

online and I can do it for you in Audacity.
-Jesse_______________________________________________nflug
mailing
listnflug at nflug.orghttp://www.nflug.org/mailman/listinfo/nflug_______________________________________________

nflug mailing
listnflug at nflug.orghttp://www.nflug.org/mailman/listinfo/nflug

-- David J. Andruczyk

I've used grip before.  It's a simple, clean tool.  I
tried to installit, but got an "install broken" when I
tried it.  Seems to need a bunchof packages Adept
couldn't find in my repositories - at least that'swhat
the problem looked like to me.

I'll look into the other apps you mentioned.

Thanks.

Joe