Nagios

Robert Wolfe robert_todd at adelphia.net
Wed May 25 08:30:13 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 11:24 -0400, DANIEL MAGNUSZEWSKI wrote:
> Have you tried this:
>
> "A sample main configuration file is generated automatically when you
> run the configure script before compiling the binaries. Look for it
> either in the distribution directory or the etc/ subdirectory of your
> installation. When you install the sample config files using the make
> install-config command, a sample main configuration file will be placed
> into your settings directory (usually /usr/local/nagios/etc). The
> default name of the main configuration file is nagios.cfg."
>
> http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/config.html

I have a nagios.cfg file that was created by the installation.  However,
when I go to view any of the statistical information pages, I get the
following:

Whoops!
Error: Could not read object configuration data!

Here are some things you should check in order to resolve this error:

     1. Verify configuration options using the -v command-line option to
        check for errors.
     2. Check the Nagios log file for messages relating to startup or
        status data errors.
     3. Make sure you've compiled the main program and the CGIs to use
        the same object data storage options (i.e. default text file or
        template-based file).

Make sure you read the documentation on installing, configuring and
running Nagios thoroughly before continuing. If all else fails, try
sending a message to one of the mailing lists. More information can be
found at http://www.nagios.org.