Installing Thunderbird

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Tue May 10 02:26:28 EDT 2005

I could do that, but I never had to with Mozilla.  As far as users are
concerned, it appears to have been designed for multiuser installations
with all? the personal stuff going into $HOME/.thunderbird so it looks
like it should be able to work.

I just don't like the idea of having multiple installations of one
version of one package on a machine.  It wastes a lot of disk space
(and, maybe memory when multiple users are running separate copies) and
it creates maintenance headaches.

Joe

--
It's not what we don't know that hurts us; it's what we know That ain't so.