bashrc question

S. Lawton green_man at bluefrog.biz
Fri Mar 25 06:39:28 EST 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:00:47 -0500
deadpoint <deadpoint at adelphia.net> wrote about "Re: bashrc question":

> busybox is an all-in-one executable meant which performs the function of
> other programs, like ls, cd, mv, sh, etc. it's usually only used on
> systems with little disk space, like distributions on a floppy. .bashrc
> is a user specific bash config file, where /etc/bash/bash.bashrc is the
> system default bashrc.
>
> darin

Ah ! That explains it all. Puppy Linux is a business card sized linux live CD.
It all runs inside a ram loop. My /etc is actually a link to /~/.etc that they did for backup purposes.
I guess if I want to try to screw up a .bashrc, I'll have to do it on a full size distro that actually use bash.  :-)
Thanks for the explanation.

Current uptime for this Live Cd is 11 days and counting, longer than I've ever had Windows continuosly booted !
--
Scott
Sylpheed 0.9.99