Have I been hacked?

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 22:12:45 EST 2005

--- frank at mogosystems.com wrote:

> I have been having a problem with certain sites "not being found." These are
> sites that used to come up quickly. Now it takes 2 - 4 times just to get them
> load. They load fine on my winbloze box. I am on PowerLink. I am trying to
> figure
> out what is causing this delay. Does anyone have any ideas?

Check your /etc/resolve.conf.  it should have the IP address of your DNS server
(the same one you see in network properties on your windows machine,  if it has
127.0.0.1  it might mean that named has stopped running on your local machine
(named is the DNS server, and by default on most distros is setup in a caching
mode).  try restarting named "service named restart" or "/etc/init.d.named
restart"

Dave J. Andruczyk