Natural Language Processing - FOSS

Daniel Villarreal dvmail at texas.net
Tue Mar 8 08:55:53 EST 2005

Thanks for posting this. I am trying to put together a project using OSIS and SMIL standards. It will be a challenge, but
there are a lot of tools out there already. I"m studying XML right now for this. There's a lot to learn.

I would like for my effort to be all Free Open-Source software, but I don't see how I can achieve this and reach
MS Windows/POSIX-type users (Un*x/GNU-Linux)/Mac users... unless I use something that depends on Java. Using XML
would seem to give me a lot of options, but I only found one Open Source Software package that really does what
I want. Maybe XML/OSIS/SMIL will present me with future opportunities to do what I really want. Maybe I should
start studying computer programming.

Daniel