MYSQL Data Entry Form

pirrone pirrone at localnet.com
Mon Jul 25 16:16:59 EDT 2005

Justin Bennett wrote:

> I'm looking to deploy a mysql database for web work via PHP (our stuff
> has been oracle so far).
>
> What I'm looking for is an easy way a windows user could update,
> delete, insert, data into the database. I'm not looking to make the
> user upload a csv or anything like that to update records.
>
> A nice GUI data entry form would be nice. I could always write one in
> PHP but was hoping for something canned, maybe with a wizard so I
> could create more forms in the future. It doesn't need to be web
> based, it can run on w32, and it doesn't have to be free.

A full administration application is PHPMyAdmin.  It's been around for
years and is very mature and full-featured.  Not really designed for
multi-record interaction with a database, but it certainly does
everything that can be done.

Also, PHPGen is an application that automatically generates exactly what
you seem to be looking for, with the additional advantage of being
consistent from one database to the next - List All, Search, New.

Both are extremely easy to use and require next to no configuration.

Frank