Debian and cdrecord under >2.6.8

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Fri Jul 1 12:11:57 EDT 2005

I have had "0" problems using cdrecord under any 2.6 kernel EXCEPT 2.6.8
and even then it was a permission problem where you had to be root and I
think it only affected k3b, can't really remember it's been so long.
Anyway ever since FC2 which was the first to use 2.6something to now FC4
with 2.6.11something, no problems using IDE atapi drives with cdrecord
except the 2.6.8 kernel. I'm just throwing this in because we use it on
every system we put out and you might want to look elsewhere for the
problem.