Jack Question.

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 16 21:35:33 EST 2005

You just need to reinstall the nvidia kernel driver for the new kernel.  The
kernel module gets installed into /lib/modules/kern_vesion/... so you would
need to install it once for each kernel you plan on running...

Best to download the linux driver (it's a self installer of sorts) from
nvidia's website and install it when booted up on your new kernel and all
should be OK.

> I'm using a Nvidia graphics driver and when I install another kernel it
> will boot no problem with the RH9 generic driver, which doesn't include
> OpenGL. Does anyone know how to be able to use the Nvidia Linux driver
> for a second kernel boot? I had the boxed set RH9 kernel with the driver
> and when I upgraded the kernel it had to uninstall the driver on the
> first kernel and install it on the new kernel. I can install different
> kernels to boot to but only one is able to use the Nvidia driver.
> Hopefully I'm making sense, hehehe. Anyway the Stanford kernel would be
> nice to try but I would like it to be able to use the Nvidia OpenGL.
> I've tried to find info on multiple kernel use with a Nvidia driver but
> I haven't really found much of anything. I think I remember a couple of
> members are using Nvidia drivers. The new 6629 will not work so I'm
> using 5336 which works great on my RH9. If anyone can point me in the
> right direction for a howto or something, I would appreciate it.

=====
Dave J. Andruczyk