Fun thread.

Dan Born dan at danborn.net
Wed Jan 5 15:39:41 EST 2005

On Jan 05 14:32, Jesse Jarzynka wrote:
> 	Quiet, so how about a fun thread? While I spend much time telling
> people how Linux is better than Windows in many (if not all) ways, I
> frequently get the response: "So what can I do in Linux that I can't do
> in Windows?". We all know there are Windows apps that lock people into
> Windows, can anyone think of some good apps for Linux that would lock
> people in? Pretty much everything is also ported to Windows as well. Any
> ideas?

I think the scriptability and configurability of Linux is a big
advantage.  If you want to impress a regular desktop PC user, show them
some of the more glitzy window managers, like maybe enlightenment.

Show them 3dDesktop: http://freshmeat.net/projects/3ddesktop/
It's kind of impressive looking, but I didn't find it particularly
useful.

What about MythTV?  Is there a Windows port?  I know there are similar
products for Windows, but how do they compare?

--
Dan Born <dan at danborn.net>