Can't Login to Fedora

Advent Systems adventsystems at verizon.net
Thu Feb 17 21:20:00 EST 2005

Tim,
    I had a lot of wacky problems when I switched to FC2 (I was a big
SuSE fan prior).  I found that you should NOT update the kernel unless
you have a good reason to (I don't). Second, use apt-get to update your
system.  It does a great job for your basic system but does not seem to
have a lot of "other" software you may want. I am in the process of
trying something that Jesse suggested to me, just today! See his answer
to my apt-get post earlier today.

Bob Randal