Linux Firewall

kobear at sharedbrain.net kobear at sharedbrain.net
Wed Feb 9 10:11:40 EST 2005

I just use FC3 (minimal install), with the MonMotha IPTables script. Link to
MonMotha site: http://monmotha.mplug.org/firewall/index.php

It is fairly robust, and easy to use.  I installed it on a P100, and after
changing about 5 variables (internal subnet(s), masq subnet(s), external iface,
internal iface, and then enable bit) I was up and secure.

It does allow for alot more flexibility if you want it.  I also do port
forwarding, have a DMZ setup, and VPN works with both Cisco VPN Client (no
change needed) and FreeSWAN (one change required to the script).