external compat modem

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Sat Feb 5 18:58:00 EST 2005

We are converting people on a daily basis here at Cyber Source ;), it's
our passion! As far as modems go, I would highly recommend the hayes
external serial modem, I (after many many attempts) have an
initialization string that absolutely rocks that modem, as long as your
calling into 3Com/USR. The external serials are being fazed out and I
took a gamble on getting the latest USB hayes external, looked promising
with the cdc-acm module but alas, wouldn't you know it, that happens to
one (of a very few I'm told) that's not supported by that module.
Anywho, I can get you an internal PCI 3Com hardware modem for $59.00 and
you wont need another power source, etc. It will come up in Linux as
/dev/ttyS4 most likely. Let me know. Thanks.