[nflug] ext3 fsck

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 22 09:42:48 EST 2005

--- Justin Bennett <Justin.Bennett at Dynabrade.com> wrote:

> This is an easy one I hope, is there a way to tell the days since last
> filesystem check on journaling ext3? I have a server with alot of
> storage I want to reboot (new Kernel) but want to know if 180 days have
> passed and I'm going to be stuck with an hour FSCK on reboot...

very easy..  tune2fs -l /dev/xxxx (change xxx to your device name wherne it's
sdx hdc or vg/somevolme)

if you read the man page for it, you can see waht flags you need to use to
change for fscking it..

for mine it shows:
Last checked:             Sun Aug 21 12:09:41 2005
Check interval:           15552000 (6 months)
Next check after:         Fri Feb 17 11:09:41 2006

you can alter this interval as well.

Dave J. Andruczyk