[nflug] Sound and ALSA (a little skype)

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 19:00:27 EST 2005

--- Ron Maggio <ronmaggio2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi, John
>  What brand of video card was it? I wonder if it has a good rating, cause I
> was interested in getting a card with bigger memory for my P4. But the cost
> makes me wonder if its worth the trouble to go through upgrading.

If you have a HW accelerated card now (like an nvidia or decent ATI) and you'r
not a gamer or one who uses insanely high resolutions (like 2048x1600) then
there's little that a newer card will provide..  I have a GeForce FX5200 128Meg
and it's superb overkill.  I have an older 733 box with an ancient TNT2 in it
and the gfx is just as fast, just as sharp.  I'm nto a gamer though,  so if you
are,  newer is nicer.

Dave J. Andruczyk