[nflug] RE: Copy of Red Hat 7.2

John Nichel john at kegworks.com
Wed Dec 7 09:17:53 EST 2005

ptgoodman wrote:
<snip>
> I'm sorry that your latest versions of Linux and Linux applications are
> so deficient as to be unable to handle my simple Email with an
> underlined character. And I'm sorry that your day was ruined. Not really
> ;-)! You caught me on bad day. But if non-HTML posts are NFUG-policy, I
> won't do it again. In any event, no else seems so troubled as to bring
> it up as an issue.
</snip>

HTML email is bad form.  It's sort of a 'policy' on most technical
mailing lists, and some people will kf you right out of the gate.

<snip>
> Apple OS X *****is***** invulnerable

I know quite a few Mac people who _think_ that.

> and has yet to be compromised, whatever compromised means. So it would
> seem that you are a greater threat to the Linux community, the Internet,
> and all living things on earth, than me or my computer. It is a matter

Talk about a flair for drama.

> of when ( not if ) your system becomes compromised. Further, it seems
> unreasonable to dictate to others what version of Red Hat Linux they
> should use. If you want to argue about something neither of us really
> cares about, please Email me directly. Others shouldn't be further
> troubled with this non-issue.

Is it reasonable to allow others to blindly use a piece of software that
has security problems?

> yet another festering pimple on the face of the internet,

And here I thought Mac people were happy, pleasant, upbeat people.

--
John C. Nichel IV
Programmer/System Admin (ÜberGeek)
jnichel at dotcomholdingsofbuffalo.com