[nflug] cdrecord woes

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 2 12:03:38 EST 2005

I would happily use mkisofs and turn data I want to add to a CD into an iso
first if I could reliably burn.  The way cdrecord refuses to even see media as
available in the drive is very frustrating.

I can't be the only person who is wondering why cdrecording should be so
hard...  And the support from the maintainer - well when he gets done
"answering" a support question you wonder where such hate came from :-)  Anyway
he blames it solely on the kernel developers and tells you to use 2.4 with scsi
emu Or just transfer to Solaris...

Drats

I have same trouble with 2.4, when I switch from my 2.6 my video card and my vm
sessions become horked and a bunch of other apps stop behaving.

Oh well - need to find a way to make it Just Work.

JJN