[nflug] Looking for Sharp Zaurus -> Cell Phone/Dial-Up Solution

David Dudek dudek at buffalo.edu
Fri Dec 2 11:01:24 EST 2005

Mark,

I feel your pain.  I had a Sharp Zaurus 5600 myself.  I still think it's
the best mobile device to ever come out, but I always felt that by using
it I was on a very lonely bleeding edge.  It always seemed that most of
the community development efforts were focused on the older 5500 or the
newer clamshell models.  And for commercial support -- forget it!  Mine
broke shortly after Sharp shut down the dev site, and I just decided to
abandon it.

Getting back to your original question, I don't recall anything that
worked like that for the 5600, but I do remember that they had some
CF device that turned it into T-Mobile phone.  All you had to do was plug
an ordinary cell headset into the headphone jack.

If you haven't already, check out the site myzaurus.com.  I think you
might find refernces to it there.  You might be able to pick one up on
eBay.

--
Dave Dudek