[nflug] breezy badger ati 3d enble /9200

Josh Johnson joshj at linuxmail.org
Fri Dec 2 00:04:23 EST 2005

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, anthonyriga wrote:

> I got this ati 9200 128mb card free and installed the Ati drivers off their website but I cant seem to get the 3d accel to work. Not sure if its just ati crappy buggy drivers or what.  When I run glxgears I am getting avg 600 frames in 5.7 seconds = 105.167 FPS. The gears spin pretty slow. I googled for some information but cant seem to get to work.Any suggestions? Maybe Ill just get nvidia card it might just be better? Thanks!

I recently bought an ati 9250 128mb. It took me a little while and some
tinkering around but I ended up going with the plain-jane radeon module
that comes with the linux kernel. Its a pci card so I disabled agp support
and just enabled "radeon" as module. I changed my Driver to radeon in
xorg.conf and it freakin flys now. I was never able to get ati's drivers
to work.

-Josh