Introducing myself

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 20:08:14 EDT 2004

--- Robert Meyer <meyer_rm at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Well, we really can't make the firewall go away.  Something about windows
> boxes
> on the network and the need to be able to firewall the servers that are out
> there.
>
> Sorry, can't do much about that.  Why is it that Asterisk won't work through
> firewall?  Can't the initiator set up a bi-directional connection without
> having to be able to connect back on a return channel?  Most firewalls block
> initiators and just about everyone out there that has any kind of client
> machine will be masqueraded behind some kind of firewall.  I find it hard to
> believe that asterisk is written such that it can't work in a standard
> environment.

Asterisk can work behind a firewall but some things can get a bit harder.  If
you need to make an inbound connection (IAX tunnel) then you need a hole/route
through the firewall,  but for outbound links, or connections to SIP providers
the firewall isn't that much of a problem at all (At leat for my asterisk
experiments)..

I can bring in a grandstream IP phone as well...

=====
Dave J. Andruczyk