dumping acl's

deadpoint deadpoint at adelphia.net
Fri Nov 26 12:14:35 EST 2004

you could move the data in a number of ways, here are a few examples.

tar copy; takes a long time if you have alot of data.

cd /data; tar -cf - . |(cd /data1 && tar -xf -)

rsync; my favorite. allows you to plan you move over time, the first
sync may be long but the incrementals after it are fast. i use this for
quick recover for users, beats going to tape.

rsync -avz --delete /data /data1