gaim and downloader for x

jb mesimpleton at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 7 20:44:20 EST 2004

I've been having problems with GAIM. It connects fine but when I IM
someone it locks. Everything else like browsers and such work fine. I've
upgraded and forced downgrades but the same conditions exist. I'm also
having a similar problem with the downloader. I can start a download but
the window locks and it still downloads but I can't stop, close or see
progress of the download. I can see that it is still downloading by
viewing the kppp stats. Both Gaim and the downloader worked in the past
so I think maybe it has something to do with my firewall? I'm using RH9
with the latest Kernel. Has anyone seen a problem like this before or is
there anything else I can check or do to fix it? Any Ideas or things I
can check would be appreciated, thanks.
John