Adelphia Powerlink

Kevin E. Glosser keg at adelphia.net
Tue Mar 9 13:27:53 EST 2004

> I have a Linksys BEFSR41 v.2 Cable/DSL Router and it will not renew it's
> DHCP settings from the Cable modem. Is it possible my router is foobar?

I have the original 4 port router from Linksys, using Powerlink since ~97.
I've had the router since almost then I think. I had one hiccup with it. It
did the same thing you are mentioning.

It refused to give up its IP address. It grew attached to it. :) Solution
was to "powercycle" it, which means turn it off then on.

You mentioned the cable modem works when plugged directly into your laptop.
That would indicate it is likely NOT a issue with the modem. It's likely
your router that is temporarily stuck.

As mentioned by someone else, I would also update the firmware if you
haven't done so already. Since the release of my router, there have been
probably at least 10 upgrades, but that's over several years. :)

KEG