Debian Question

Matthew D. Cristantello matt at crazy42.org
Fri Jun 25 16:11:44 EDT 2004

Definitely download the latest beta version of the Debian installer, or
you won't be able to get anywhere with it. The "normal" installer that
comes with the standard distro CDs was awful last time I tried it. I have
a nice installer that came with a Debian book (similar to the old RedHat 7
installs), that I could post an ISO of -- but the new Debian Installer is
on par with what came with the book, so I'd try that first.

Here's a url for the debian-installer:

I had good luck installing Beta 2 on my Thinkpad 600E laptop, so you
should be ok with Beta 4 on a semi-normal machine.

Good luck!
~Matt