Now we're cooking, or at least a dull boil

Scott hawkwynd at adelphia.net
Sun Jan 4 23:26:38 EST 2004

I guess I bought the WRONG book, a Dummies guide to Linux, and it's not
enough to show me what I want to learn.

I've been struggling with Samba. On my network I can 'see' it in the
windows network neighborhood from any windows machine on the network. I
have not configured a share folder on my RH machine, nor can I seem to
find any documentation anywhere on how this is done. Also, I would like
to know how to mount a share on my windows server's CDROM drives (it has
a scsi 7 drive tower). I am trying to learn MOUNT, but wow is the man
pages confusing as hell.

Also, still can't find anything about mounting a printer from a network
within my machine either.

I've got a headache.

Thanks