Samba

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Sun Jan 4 17:09:34 EST 2004

I believe in the old redhat 6.2 days, /etc/init.d was not a softlink to
/etc/rc.d/init.d  That started happening in 7.x series.  So he'll have to
start the service via /etc/rc.d/init.d/smb start.  This also applies to
the /etc/rc[1-6]*.d softlinks as well.

Also, I *think* there were 2 separate services back then.  smb, and nmb.
Later on, redhat bundled them into a single smb service script.  So he
might have to also /etc/rc.d/init.d/nmb start as well.

-Rob